So all three of my kids are officially on summer vacation. We have been so lazy this week! W have had almost nothing going on, so I decided to let the kids lead the way this week. So far, they have watched a ton of Spongebob, played outside and become a little too familiar with the iPad. All kidding aside, it's been a really good week for everyone. Yesterday, we went to the neighborhood pond and caught a bunch of snails. Our neighbor kids showed us where to find them. We've lived here for nearly six years and never knew there were snails in our pond! Apparently there are frogs too! The neighbor bus will have to show those to us too, 'cause I can't find them! We rode bikes with the neighbor boys on Wed afternoon too. That was a lot of fun too! A the beginning of this week, we instituted the "kid of the day". Each day one kid gets to be the kid of the day. That child gets to choose what we listen to, what our snacks are, even choosing lunch or dinner if so approved by mom. This ensures that there is no fighting over the music we listen to! Hooray! Pure genius, right? I wish I could say that I came up with the idea, but I have Family Fun to thank for the idea. Today, Julia is the kid of the day and she will let you know it too!
Jacob is getting ready for our trip to CA! Matt and I are going to see Barry Manilow at the Hollywood Bowl while we are gone (the kids will stay at their aunt and uncle's house for a cousins slumber party). Jacob is clearly getting into the spirit by rocking out to Barry.
"Sweaty James"
James enjoyed dumping water on his head to make himself look sweaty. It was only 80 degrees outside, but he wanted to look like it was 100.
Our neighbor boys were playing in the circle with squirt guns when we went outside today. The oldest, Ryan, wanted to drive the Mustang. Never mind that he's twelve and doesn't fit in the car! As you can see from the pictures, he managed quite well with his knees at his ears!
Julia loves riding her bike!!
No comments:
Post a Comment