Wednesday, July 4, 2012

California Adventures--Day 5--BARRY!!!!!!

Fairly relaxing day today, no pressing engagements until evening hours. We lounged in our hotel room for a couple of morning hours while the kids watched Spongebob and daddy took a nap. We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant near our hotel. Te food was early quite good. The kids were not impressed. I remember being a kid and going to a Chinese restaurant. I always had what my grandpa called a "tube" steak (hot dog). They survived and ate at least some of what was in front of them. Matt and I enjoyed in. After lunch, we went for a swim in the hotel pool. That was so much fun for everyone! Julia even went in and enjoyed every second of it! We were the only hotel guests in the pool today. How nice to have the pool to ourselves! After dring off and getting sufficiently cleaned up, we went to Marty and Kayoko's house to drop off the kids. Marty had been working and got home just after we arrived. Of course, this merits mention because he drives an amazing BMW sports car. He was gracious enough eo take James around the block in it with the top down!! That was a very happy boy! After dropping the kids off, Matt and I headed over to the Hollywood Bowl to see Barry Manilow! How exciting! I had never been to the bowl before. It was just spectacular! What an amazing piece of history and to be able to see it and Barry Manilow was incredible!!! I was so excited, I think I had a goofy grin on my face the whole evening! It was a great show with the LA Philharmonic as well. What a spectacular night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment