Friday, October 1, 2010

When it rains, it pours!

So last week, we had to get new tires put on the van.  Apparently, amidst the road construction on park Center, we picked up a nail.  Yesterday, I was cleaning my glasses and there were some weird spots that just wouldn't come off and no matter what I did, it got worse!  In my efforts to clean them (I couldn't see anything through them the way they were), I decided to use my dish sponge and dish soap.  Well, I succeeded in getting the gunk off (which we have now determined to be the scratch resistant coating peeling off), as well as putting some very wonderful scratches on my 2 year old lenses.  So, now I need to buy new lenses.  I can't buy new lenses without leaving my glasses at the optomotrist office (which leaves me blind and absolutely not an option).  So I have to buy a new pair of glasses, which I now cannot do without having an entire exam because eye prescriptions expire 1 year after they are given!!!!!  GRRR . . .

On the upside, James scored a 100% on his spelling test yesterday and I love high speed internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment