Monday, August 29, 2011

Dams & Canyons Day 8 Robertson Reunion

After all the planning, the Robertson Reunion was finally here.  My cousin, Sarah, and I planned this year's festivities.  She planned the location and activities, I planned the food (fortunately, I didn't have to cook it!). We always have a good time with my extended family.  I always feel like you couldn't meet a nicer, more hospitable group anywhere.  The reunion took place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.


This is a kids' craft that I planned (ok, so I did one other thing besides plan the food).  We made paper plate tambourines.  The kids had fun decorating their plates and even more fun shaking them to make noise!


One thing we knew in advance of the reunion is that we would not have a full kitchen at our disposal.  So we planned meals using Dutch ovens, slow cookers and camp stoves.  Uncle Charlie was our resident Dutch oven master.  Here he is reheating dessert on Sunday morning.


Great Aunt Carole, aka Julia's substitute grandma.  Julia just seemed to adore my aunt Carole.  Every opportunity she got, Julia could be found in Carole's lap.  Here, you see Aunt Carole showing Julia pictures from her camera.


The teeter-totter airplane.



Dutch oven glory.


The view behind our cabin.


James learning how to play bocce ball with his third cousin.


Aw, throwing the cow poop into the bucket . . . what, doesn't everyone play that at their family reunion?  Say what you will, the kids LOVED this game.  My cousins made cow poop patties out of spray foam.  How clever is that?


Fishing for cans.
Each activity came with rewards in the way of candy and plastic dinosaurs.


Chilling outside our cabin on Sunday morning.


Sunday morning breakfast . . . pancakes cooked by Uncle Jim and Aunt Carole.

Fun times!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment