We had a nice birthday celebration for my mom's 60th birthday on Friday. We had dinner--bbq'd pork loin (cooked on a stick) with carmelized onions and mushrooms, rice, green beans, watermelon and rosemary bread (love Costco!). Everyone enjoyed the meal--the meat was so good! I'd marinated it in olive oil, rosemary and garlic (the Magic Bullet made it so easy to prepare--that's my new favorite kitchen tool!). Dinner was followed by red velvet birthday cake. I thought it was such a milestone birthday, we needed to mark the occasion with something special. The cake was a hit. I'd never made or even tasted red velvet cake before. In fact, my only memory of red velvet cake is from the movie "Steel Magnolias," where there is a red velvet groomscake in the shape of an armadillo at Julia Roberts' character's wedding reception. Luckily, red velvet cake is delicious, especially when you put cherries inside the layers!!!
Jacob enjoyed himself, despite this silly face!
Happy Birthday, mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment