Monday, July 18, 2011

Our "busy" summer days . . .

Jacob is fascinated with band-aids.  Anytime he gets the littlest ouchie, he "needs" a band-aid for it.  Today, he decided he needed Spongebob band-aids in interesting places.
 James decided to clean the pennies in his piggy bank.  I should give you some background, though.  Just the day before, James decide to cut holes in his shirt, pants, underwear and socks while working with scissors and duct tape (he was making a stick sculpture with sticks he picked up while camping).  He got a little crazed with the scissors (not the first time either).  Well, the last time this happened, I think I may have taken his scissors away.  Apparently, he'd forgotten about that, because, here we are again, with "holey" clothes.  I told him he would be paying for the clothes he ruined out of his piggy bank.  I think we decided on $10 for everything, so we had just taken out his coins and counted them.  He has about $20 in his bank, including bills.

We were getting ready for Grandma Robertson's birthday party today and the boys wanted to help me clean (particularly James).  He cleaned the bathrooms and dusted.  Then he wanted to vacuum for me.  Of course, if brother helps, Jacob has to chip in too.  Isn't that nice?


Spongebob has saved our summer.  Jacob is a notorious little guy for digging in his heels when asked to do anything.  Well, his weakness is tv, particularly Spongebob Squarepants.  Jacob has a good boy chart for when he does things the first time he is asked.  When the chart is full of stickers, he gets something that is agreed upon ahead of time.  I think he's gotten tv time with our Spongebob video, then it was a Spongebob magnadoodle pad.  Well, I had purchased a Spongebob game package on clearance ($5--can't beat that!) that the boys are completely enamored with.  Julia loves Spongebob too and is one of her favorite words these days.


The boys are playing so nicely with each other.  Thank you, Mr. Spongebob Squarepants!!!


The kids have all been reading a lot this summer as well.  James is such a little bookworm!!!  He is currently working on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series.  He's on his second book and has been reading them all by himself (200 + pages each!!!).  I'm so proud of him.  When he finished the first one, I told him we'd go to the bookstore and buy a new book for him.  He chose another Diary of a Wimpy Kid book!


No comments:

Post a Comment